Wireless, evolved. Deliver pristine audio quality with our ZMT3-Phantom 2, a lightweight transmitter ideal for sound professionals.
Zaxcom has taken the next step in design and functionality offered in audio.
Weighing only 2.2oz (62g), the ZMT3-Phantom 2 is constructed in a high strength impact resistant nylon polymer casing with rounded edges and machined metal that’s cool to the touch.
The ZMT3-Phantom 2 works with 3.3V lavalier mics as well as condenser, dynamic or ribbon microphones.
Perfect for boom pole operation, the ZMT3-Phantom 2 is to be positioned at top of the boom pole directly behind the microphone instead of near the bottom. By removing the internal or external cable, operators can eliminate any cable noise that can leak into the audio track.
A balanced 3-pin LEMO provides input connectivity.
The ZMT3-Phantom 2 transmits using 100% digital modulation resulting in audio that’s fully encrypted. Digital encryption is the only way to keep all audio transmission private. A digital transmission also provides audio quality far superior to an analog system.
Audio can be recorded internally to a microSD card using the highly reliable lossless MARF (Mobile Audio Recording Format) which eliminates file corruption common to recordings due to dead battery or early card removal.
The ZMT3-Phantom 2 provides a 110 dB dynamic range with no limiting or compression distortion. Phantom power is selectable in 3.3V, 12V, 24V, 32V and 48V. External audio and battery status levels are easily visible for the operator.
Equipped with ZaxNet™, you can remotely change the frequency, pre-amp gain, output power or place the internal recorder in record, playback and stop modes.
- RF Modulation: Proprietary Digital Method
- ZMT3-Phantom .5 RF Frequency Range: 512 – 614 MHz
- ZMT3-Phantom .6 RF Frequency Range: 596 – 698 MHz
- RF Frequency Step: 100 KHz
- RF Bandwidth in ZHD48 Mode: 50 KHz
- RF Bandwidth in ZHD96 Mode: 100 KHz
- RF Bandwidth in XR Mode: 200 KHz
- Channel Separation in ZHD48 Mode: as close as 100 KHz (receiver dependent)
- Channel Separation in ZHD96 Mode: as close as 200 KHz
- Channel Separation in XR Mode: 400 KHz
- Antenna Connector: 50 Ω SSMA Female
- Emission Designator: 180 KV2E, 100 KV2E, 50 KV2E
- FCC Part: 74.861
- TRANSMITTER AUDIO
- Dynamic Range: 110 dB
- Distortion: 0.002%
- Frequency Response: Mode 0: 20 Hz to 16 kHz / T & M Mode 0.2 Hz to 16 kHz
- High Pass Filter: Off or 30 to 220 Hz, Steps: 10(6dB Per Octave)
- Unbalanced Lavaliere Mic Power: 3.3v @ 50mA max
- Balanced Mic Power: 12v @ 50mA max
- Balanced Mic Power: 24v @ 10mA max
- Balanced Mic Power: 36v @ 10mA max
- Balanced Mic Power: 45v @ 10mA max
- Mic Connector: 3-Pin Micro LEMO
- Mic Configuration: Balanced / Unbalanced (2-wire)
- Input Range: -60 to -30 dBu
- Mic Impedance: 6.8 k Ω (680 Ω with 12v power mode)
- ADC Bit-Depth: 24 Bits
- ADC Sampling-Rate: 48 kHz
- TIMECODE READER / GENERATOR
- Timecode output: 3-Pin Micro LEMO
- Clock Accuracy: 1.54 PPM (1 Frame Out in 6 Hours)
- Timecode Type: SMPTE
- Timecode Frame-Rates: 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97NDF, 29.97DF, 30NDF, 30DF
- INTERNAL RECORDING
- Media: MicroSD Card (Flash Memory)
- File Format: .ZAX / Converts to BWAV or MP3
- 2.4 GHZ ZAXNET RECEIVER
- RF Frequency Range: 2.403 to 2.475 GHz
- RF Modulation: Digital Spread Spectrum
- RF Frequency Step: 0.001 GHz (1 MHz)
- RF Bandwidth: 1 MHz
- Channel Separation: 2 MHz
- Sensitivity: -96 dBm
- Weight: 2.2 oz / 62 grams with Battery
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 2.2″ x 1.6″ x .55″ / 55.8mm x 40.6mm x 14mm
- Display: Graphic OLED
- Power Output: 25 / 50 / 75 mW – Software Selectable
- Battery Type: NP-50
- Battery Life: Up to 5 Hours, microphone dependent